- Duration: 09 Days
- Location: South & Central Vietnam
- Available Seat: Available
- Price: Enquire Now
One of the popular packages available by S Viet Travel to journey through the trip and experience the best of Southern Vietnam as well as historic Central Vietnam
Day 1: Arrival in Ho Chi Minh City
Welcome to Vietnam, on arrival at Ho Chi Minh City Airport, our guide and driver will meet you and transfer you to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 2: Saigon City Tour + Cu Chi Tunnels
Start our day by visiting Notre Dame Cathedral, the historic Central Post Office, followed by exploring the Reunification Palace, and the remarkable site of the War Remnants Museum. After that, we drive 60km to visit the Cu Chi Tunnels, the network of over 200km of tunnels which became legendary when they played a vital role during the American War. In their heyday, the tunnels were functioning underground cities included with numerous trap doors, specially constructed living areas, storage facilities, weapons factories, field hospitals, command centers & kitchens. Today, ducks and water buffaloes happily co-exist in the rivers along the side of the road. However, the peaceful rural rice paddy scenery belies the area’s violent history. Visitors will find it hard to imagine the destruction, damage & defoliation over this whole area, caused by bombing and mines. There is plenty of evidence of the fierce battle that took place here during the 1960s when Cu Chi was a “Free Target Zone”. Before entering the tunnels visitors can watch a short introductory video showing how the tunnels were constructed. You will spend the next hour exploring the tunnels. Afterwards, enjoy tea and cassava (guerrilla’s food during the war). Return to Ho Chi Minh City for an overnight stay.
Day 3: Flight to Hue
After breakfast, you are free until transfer to Tan Son Nhat Airport for a short flight to arrive in Hue and transfer your hotel. Overnight hotel stay in Hue.
Day 4: Hue City Tour
Discover Hue City, begin with a morning visit to the Imperial City found during the Nguyen Dynasty. After visiting the Imperial City, take an hour-long cruise on the romantic Perfume River. Then drive to visit the Celestial Lady Pagoda, an ancient Buddhist monument before returning to the city for lunch. Spend the afternoon exploring the Tu Duc Royal Tomb. Overnight hotel stay in Hue.
Day 5: Hue to Hoi An
After breakfast in your hotel, transfer to Hoi An (140km), the most attractive ancient town in Southeast Asia. Arrive in Hoi An to explore the ancient narrow lanes there. On the way to Hoi An, stop at Hai Van Pass and Lang Co Beach for some sightseeing. Overnight hotel stay in Hoi an.
Day 6: Hoi An – Tra Que Village (Bike trip)
Be picked up by our guide, and then take a bicycle ride to downtown – visit the old house of Tan Ky, Japanese Covered Bridge, Thu Bon River and Phuc Kien Assembly Hall. Stop by Hoi An’s colorful central market and here you will have the opportunity to interact with the local sellers and learn about the ingredients used in the cooking lesson later. 10:00 AM cycling starts to Tra Que Vegetable Village. Welcome to rest and walk through the vegetable gardens where local farmers work on their fields using the traditional methods of hundreds of years ago, no electrical machinery here. At 11:00 AM, work together with the chef. Learn the traditional ways of preparing and cooking Vietnamese food. After the lesson, enjoy what you have cooked.
• Tra Que vegetable salad Tam Huu dish
• Banh Xeo (Vietnamese pancake)
• Hoi An spring rolls
Day 7: Hoi An – My Son
Our journey will be to discover Vietnam’s rich cultural and historical heritage. The morning begins with a visit to My Son, the capital and religious centre of the Champa Kingdom, and Tra Kieu (formerly known as Simhapura or the Lion Citadel) to view the Cham ruins and artifacts. This afternoon, a walking tour of Hoi An’s ancient town centre will take you back in time to when it was a major trading port in Asia. Overnight hotel stay in Hoi An.
Day 8: Flight to HCMC – Trip to Mekong
Early in the morning, we fly to HCMC, arrive and transfer to the Mekong region, at 12:00-12:30 PM boarding the Mekong by boat. Enjoy drinks and food at this time, then transfer on a local boat to explore the Cai Rang Market, one of the most bustling floating markets in Mekong. We go for a walk through the palm-shaded creek to see local houses and green orchards.
• Le Cochinchine continues its cruise to Tra On. Lunch served on board.
• Leisurely cruise down the Mekong while enjoying the beautiful scenery.
• Visit the fruit farm and walk amongst pleasant villages on the footpaths of the countryside.
• Boarding back at with an aperitif while enjoying the magnificent sunset on the Mangthit Canal and Nicola River. Dinner and overnight stay on board.
Day 9: Mekong – HCMC – Departure (B/L/-)
Breakfast will be served on board the boat, our activity will be as the following:
• Visit the fruit farm and walk amongst the lush vegetation through verdant villages and meet with local people.
• LeCochinchine continues its cruise toward Cai Be.
• Transfer to a local boat for an extensive visit of Cai Be: the floating market, local pop-rice and sweets production. Visit colonial buildings, old houses, delightful flower gardens and local coconut candy and rice paper manufacturers.
• Boarding back at noon, with a welcome-back drink.
• 11:00 AM Disembark in Cai Be. The cruise concludes.
• 13:00 PM Take the sampan ride back to your cruise.
• 13:15 PM Cruise upstream the Nine-Dragon River (Mekong river) toward Vinh Long Town.
• 14:15 PM Stop to visit a local fruit garden of Mr. Tam Ho.
• 14:50 PM Continue your cruising.
• 15:00 PM Stop to visit a local brick factory.
• 15:20 PM Cruise to Vinh Long pier.
• 15:30 PM Disembark and bid farewell to your crew and drive back to Ho Chi Minh City; upon arrival, you’ll be transferred to the airport for your flight back home. End of the services.
What are included ?
- Hotel accommodation based on bed and breakfast
- Transport services by private vehicle
- Admission fees
- English speaking guide
What are not included ?
- International and domestic airline ticket
- Visa stamping fee
- International Departure Tax
- Insurance services
- Tips and personal plans